(1/50)this recipe, but really, not at all (sorry Paula). Really with stews you can do whatever you like... and so I do.
- 2 lbs stew beef (browned)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- 1 can beef broth
- 6 cups water
- 3 handfuls of baby carots (unchoped)
- 2 large red potatoes (cleaned, unpeeled, chopped)
- 1cup green beans
- 1 cup peas
- 3 cup cabbage (chopped
- Combine browned beef, onion, salt, garlic, onion salt, basil, pepper, bullion, broth, and water into a stew pot. Let simmer for 1.5 hours. (I left a big chunk of fat in with it for flavoring)
- Add carrots & potatoes boil/simmer for 30 minutes
- Add beans, peas, and cabbage.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!
This post is part of my New Years resolution/challenge to make 50 new recipes.
A difficulty of the challenge is to choose what new recipe to try.
Please, if you have any idea, post them in the comments below.